Mechanical Design Engineer
Charlottesville , VA USA
USD YEAR $Dependent on Experience per year
full-time FULL_TIMEInnovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. http://r717.net Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. 14348
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is looking for dedicated, detail-oriented Mechanical Design Engineers to join our expanding office in Lyndhurst, VA. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be provided with the training and job experience necessary to advance into a leadership role as you progress within the organization. Mechanical Design Engineers provide Project Managers with innovative designs and bills of materials needed to successfully complete each project.
Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Job Security- Long term, permanent position with benefits
- Weekends off!
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Using AutoCAD, design mechanical rooms, rooftop penthouses, piping systems, etc. associated with industrial refrigeration systems for cold storage warehouses.
- Build Bills of Materials (BOM) for each design and enter the data into Epicor (ERP system)
- Collaborate with shop foremen and VP of Manufacturing for design changes and problem-solving
- Work with Buyers on material orders
- Communicate with vendors on part specification and fabrication
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT license preferred
- PE license a plus (company is willing to offer assistance to candidates wishing to obtain their PE License)
- Prefer 2 years’ experience in industrial design or other construction related fields. Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD Preferred
- Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Frequent walking and bending is required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasional field travel to jobsites will be required in this position.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet in height
- Must be comfortable at heights while on a jobsite
- Health Insurance: Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)