Refrigeration Technician - Part Time (Long Term)
Houma , LA 70364 USA
USD HOUR 1820$18-20+ per hour
part-time PART_TIMEInnovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. http://r717.net Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. 12753
High School or GED
Refrigeration Recruiting Services is seeking to place a Part Time Service Technician in the Houma, LA area for a world-class company in design and engineering to work with large industrial refrigeration systems, specifically with Ammonia. This position will be responsible for client facility walk-throughs, audits, and inspections. In the event of any maintenance required, tech will report to Service Manager for further instruction. This will be a weekly schedule with long-term work. The ideal candidate is a graduate of an HVAC/R program looking to get their foot in the door in the HVAC/R world! Please note: This position is only going to be offering 3-4 hours per week but these hours are flexible!
Refrigeration Recruiting Services is partnered with a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new teammates who share our drive and vision.
About the Position:
- Daylight shift
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position (based on client contract)
- Flexible schedule, can be easily worked around another job. This position will only require 3-4 hours per week.
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- Responsible for Daily & Weekly refrigeration inspections and provide basic maintenance support to industrial accounts in food and beverage and refrigerated storage equipment ranging from 100 HP to 5,000 HP.
- Days required onsite: Monday - Friday (2-3 hours each visit). May be requested to work additional hours to complete basic skill tasks as needed.
- Perform routine service on ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications if needed.
- Have working knowledge of screw/reciprocal compressors & electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Desire knowledge of all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or have attained a GED, HVAC tech school preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years of industrial HVAC experience is preferred but not required (training may be available)
- Universal EPA certification
- RETA 1&2 certification a plus
- Prefer experience with anhydrous ammonia (R717)
- Must be able to wear a respirator and pass a fit test
- Companies are a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires pre-employment drug screening, felony screening, and DUI screening
- As a representative of the company, individuals should be well groomed
- Ability to climb 40 foot extension ladders and work on all types of ladders
- Ability to see and hear industrial equipment as it moves around the jobsite
- Requires face-to-face communication and contact with others (face-to-face, telephone, email, or otherwise)
- Capable of lifting 50lbs
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time
- Requires working in very hot (above 100F) or very cold (below 10F) temperatures and the ability to wear all required safety PPE in these conditions
*Benefits not applicable to part-time positions