Field Service Engineer - New Graduate
USD YEAR 62000$62,000+ per year
full-time FULL_TIMEInnovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. http://r717.net Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. 14502
BS - Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Technology
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance you to the next level with great speed! We offer competitive salary (skilled candidates can make 6 figures in five years!), full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), company credit card, laptop, company vehicle, and cell phone/cell phone stipend. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team of engineers in the Industrial refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
This is an entry level position designed to train a new graduate engineer in the field of computer controlled industrial/ammonia/large capacity refrigeration plants with the goal of preparing them to become a commissioning engineer within 5 years. New graduate engineers who are comfortable working with cars, motorcycles, farm equipment or other machinery will excel in this role. Travel in North America (United States & Canada) is required in this position. Advancement opportunities into field supervisory & design engineering roles are available for qualified and motivated candidates.
Refrigeration Recruiting Services is partnered with a national, premier custom industrial refrigeration system company that strives to provide a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified, dedicated, passionate new Engineers who share our drive and vision.
What is a Commissioning Engineer?
A Commissioning Engineer is responsible for: onsite initial safety startup inspection/documentation, verification of all piping and instrumentation diagrams, operation of all emergency equipment’s functionality and installation per code, review/verification of sequence of operation for plants, electrical power safety system installation and operation per code, piping installation per code, ammonia and refrigerant detection systems installation and operation, dehydration/evacuation of internal piping systems, charging of refrigerants, and loading fluids into plants. Additionally, set up of all control valves, isolation valves, and sensors, programming of numerous equipment interface computers, testing/verification of proper sequencing, connection of these valves and interface computers to main PLC and HMI (large master computer). Testing/verification of proper flows and capacities of support refrigerant pumps, water pumps, glycol pumps, chillers, condensers, evaporators, vessels, separation vessels, expansion tanks, level controls, pressure controls, etc.
The Commissioning Engineer is the lead person responsible for the safety of the entire commissioning and support team onsite first and foremost. They are then responsible for the proper operation and verification of this process to ensure the safest and the most energy efficient operation of the newly started plant. Commissioning teams have between 2 and 12 engineers and support members onsite during this process. Depending on the size of the industrial refrigeration systems these plants can take days to months to commission. Team members rotate out for breaks on large projects every 10 days for 4 day weekends. During these rotational breaks on large projects the responsibilities rotate to different members of the team and goals are set by Commissioning Engineer. The commissioning engineer assumes complete and total responsibility of the project while delegating tasks to members of the team to handle different parts of the commissioning process and its implementation. Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the training of customers in the operation and engineering of every newly started refrigeration plant. Our plants are as exciting and complicated to start up and commission as a nuclear power plant or launching the space shuttle!
About the Position:
- Job Security: Long-term, permanent position with benefits
- Weekly pay
- Application takes 5-10 minutes, receive feedback in 2 business days
- 90-day skills evaluation/training/onboarding process in manufacturing facility, existing operating plants and new plant installations and retrofits.
- Train and work with Field Service Managers on existing plants; construction foremen on new plants for 180-day period.
- Continued training and development for next 2 to 4 years as team member of commissioning teams and independent worker at locations across North America to develop commissioning skills, management skills, customer service skills and engineering knowledge to advance to full commissioning engineer status. Constant contact with office team is a requirement at this time and interface for inside support members is constant. All written interaction is web based, email and paperless.
- After 4 to 6 years begin leading the commissioning team of engineers responsible for new and retrofitted industrial refrigeration systems startup process in food, beverage, general industry, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and refrigerated storage facilities ranging from 500 HP to 10,000 HP.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or BSME, Electrical Engineering Technology or BSEE or General Engineering Technology or BSGE.
- Must be able to wear a respirator and pass a pulmonary fit test.
- Willing and able to comply with a heavy travel schedule (10 days away from home with 4 day weekends at home).
- Strong mechanical aptitude required; prefer past experience with hand tools, vehicle/motorcycle repair, or other machine repair (farming equipment, etc.).
- Companies are a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires overtime, traveling, and occasional heavy lifting.
- Position requires a pre-employment drug screening, random drug testing, felony screening, and motor vehicle record screening.
- Health Insurance - Company pays 75% of the monthly premiums for employees and their families
- Dental Insurance
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 15%
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Accidental death/dismemberment
- Life insurance
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cell stipend (beginning in 2nd year), rental vehicles, and other company discounts (if applicable)
- Travel, travel time, lodging, mileage and per diem company paid!
- Company vehicle in 3rd year (if applicable, subject to location)